The official website of the Kingdom manga anime adaptation revealed new cast members to be part of the third season of the series. The new season will cover the ” Alliance” arc of the manga, and will be released next April.
Yuya Uchida as Shun Shin Kun.
Miou Tanaka as Kan Mei.
Atsuko Tanaka as Ka Rin.
Toshiyuki Morikawa as Li Mu.
Cast members returning from previous installments include:
- Masakazu Morita as Shin (Xin).
- Jun Fukuyama as Ei Sei (Yin Zheng).
- Rie Kugimiya as Karyō Ten (He Liao Diao).
- Kentaro Ito as Huan Ji.
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Ōhon.
- Hirofumi Nojima as Mōten.
- Shiro Saito as Biao Gong (Hyou Ko).
- Kenyuu Horiuchi as Wang Jian (Ōsen).
- Taiten Kusunoki as Mōbu.
- Akio Kato as Tō.
- Kenichi Imaizumi directs the third season of the anime at the Studio Signpost . (the new name of the well-known Pierrot Plus studio ).
- Noboru Takagi is in charge of the series scripts.
- Hisashi Abe is responsible for character design.
Kingdom is a Japanese seinen manga series written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Hara . The first season of 38 episodes aired from June 4, 2012 to February 25, 2013. Later, a second season was premiered which had 39 episodes, and aired from June 8, 2013 until March 1, 2014.
Synopsis of Kingdom:
Born in the Warring States period of ancient China, Xin and Piao are orphans of war in the Qin kingdom who dream of becoming “Great Generals of Heaven” to get out of their humble lives. However, one day, Piao is taken to the palace by a minister to be used for an unknown purpose, leaving Xin alone as a domestic slave in a peasant village. A few months later, Piao returns to the village on the verge of death, urging Xin to travel to another village. There he meets a boy who looks almost identical to Piao, Ying Zheng , the current King of Qin.
Xin learns that Piao served as a double body for Ying Zheng, and was mortally wounded in a power struggle for the throne. Although initially furious with Ying Zheng for causing Piao’s death, Xin decides to seize the opportunity and help Ying Zheng defeat his brother and regain Qin’s throne. Successfully in this effort, Xin officially begins his life as a Qin commander on the battlefields of the Warrior States of China with the goal of becoming the “Best General of the World” and helping King Zheng of Qin achieve his dream of total unification, ending the ceaseless war once and for all.